A little History of the Wealthy Affiliate’s Beginnings
Two guys by the name of Kyle and Carson are the co-founders of the Wealthy Affiliate. Originaly they started this site in 2005.
They had become successful in affiliate marketing and wanted to build on this success by starting a service to help other affiliate marketers.
When they started Wealthy Affiliate it was simply just a keyword list site for a monthly fee of $29.99. For this you would get a list of keywords for a new niche every month complete with ads to run in Google.
However, after a while they realized their site was lacking a few key things:
- There was no way for members to communicate with each other
- People weren’t building efficient sites
- People could not do the proper research independently
- People wanted to have personal support and mentoring
- People wanted to learn how to host sites, wanted more training, etc.
So from this, the Wealthy Affiliate has become what it is today – a place to learn, build and communicate with other members and the co-owners.
Some of the things you will find on the Wealthy Affiliate’s Platform is:
- Their own platform for hosting
- A content management platform (like wordpress)
- Weekly live classes and training modules (over 100)
- Proprietary keyword & research platform
- They sell domains, have platforms for feedback & engagement.
- So it looks like what they have created here is basically a community of affiliate marketers where you don’t need to go anywhere else for support, training, tools, hosting and even domain buying. Hmm…
What is Wealthy Affiliate University (WA)?
Wealthy Affiliate is a combination of training, software and website hosting all in one package. It is meant to be a one-stop shop destination for people looking to get into affiliate marketing.
The big draw of being an affiliate marketer is that you don’t have to actually manufacture the items you promote.
Instead, you’ll be “partnering up” with a company and drive traffic to their products or services from your website. For each customer that goes through you and buys something, you get a commission.
But, before you go out and buy a yacht for that trip around the world, there’s a lot of work to be done.
What Does The Wealthy Affiliate Teach?
WA is broken down into 5 certification courses, each designed to guide you through learning the basics of building a website and driving traffic to the website. Here is the breakdown:
Level 1: Online Entrepreneur Certification
A 10-lesson course that is part of the Wealthy Affiliate Online Entrepreneur Certification. It will walk you through the steps of creating a successful online business that generates revenue.
Level 2: Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
10 lesson training that walks you through no-cost traffic generation techniques that will allow you to capture highly relevant traffic in any niche.
Level 3: Making Money
10 Training lessons that walk you through a number of ways you can earn money through your site.
Level 4: Mastery Social Engagement
This course is dedicated to all aspects of social. From social media, social marketing, and social networks. Ultimately any success within the social world is the result of social engagement.
Level 5: Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
10 lessons on creating high engagement through your content, effective techniques for boosting conversions, and scaling your content through proper goal setting and outsourcing. All of these lessons are proven white-hat strategies for making a successful website. The main focus in Wealthy Affiliate is on keyword research and creating engaging content that will rank you higher in search engines.
Is Wealthy Affiliate Worth It?
Wealthy Affiliate is a great stepping stone for beginners and people who already know more than some of the basics.
This is because Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one package. When you pay for your membership you pay for much more than just training. You pay for fast website hosting, a network of other affiliate marketers, updated training and keyword research tools.
So even if you don’t find the training really mind-blowing, you get a a good amount of value in your membership with website hosting and their keyword research tool.
What is Most Liked about this Program?
- Getting Started Training (the process is completely SIMPLIFIED!)
- Video training, Tutorial training, Classroom training and Courses
- Over 1000,000 HELPFUL community members
- Full, Interactive Classrooms
- Live & Interactive Help (even at 2 AM in the morning!)
- Free, Beautifully Designed Websites
- State of the Art Secure and Fast Hosting (included)
- Access to Industry Experts & Millionaires
- A strict spam free environment.
- Completely FREE to Get Started! (with no catches)
Not only do you get all this from wealthy affiliate but it offers a free online affiliate marketing business to get started and try out to see if it is for you. The premium option lets you into many more training video’s and more live chat help. No high pressure sales or up-sells (only a premium offer).
So the real question should be …is Wealthy Affiliate a good way to learn how to make money online?
Yes. You’ll learn many useful things like how to drive traffic to your site, content writing, sales copy and how to rank in search engine results.
It provides you with a lot of content and a lot of peer support to help you get started. After that, it is up to you to keep working hard and try different things.
But because all the techniques you learn are “white hat” it will take more time and effort to start ranking on Google.
So if you are a beginner looking to get started, Wealthy Affiliate is a good place to start and get your feet wet. The whole Wealthy Affiliate ecosystem makes it super easy to start your journey, especially since web hosting is included in your membership for free.
Still not sure if Wealthy Affiliate is right for you?