- If you’re planning on protecting your home and/or business (it can be a tiny enterprise or a huge firm), the McAfee Antivirus is a great pick.
- Because of the smart licensing policy, you’re free to protect as many devices as you want with one single license, which, again, is perfect if you’re running a business.
- McAfee offers a line-up of totally free tools that allow you to implement parental control and block the spam that keeps knocking on the door of your email.
McAfee Antivirus: Is McAfee Any Good?
Without a doubt, McAfee is one of the most respected and trusted brands in the world of antiviruses. It’s capable of protecting your computers and gadgets from the modern-day threats. The 30-day money-back guarantee, 24/7 support and advanced encryption options on the more advanced products turn it into a competitive player on the market.
The unfairly high “pressure” they put on your device and the average real-time protection are the biggest downsides of the McAfee products. But again, the prices are competitive. And anti-spam, parental control, and the True Key app only add to the overall appeal.
Pros and Cons
Like any other Antivirus out there, this one comes with its fair share of advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a look at both and find out whether it’s the right choice for us or not.
- The McAfee Antivirus is extremely easy to install, use, and change the settings
- The level of protection and the rate of virus detection are well above average
- The viruses are removed from your device 100%, without leaving any traces
We don’t like:
- Despite the industry-leading protection algorithms, the above average price compared to the rivals is a big turn-off
- The McAfee Antivirus needs more of your system’s resources to work than some of the other offers on the market